Latest site posts:

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AARP Membership Deal - 2-Years for $20 - Good for New or Renewal Memberships

AARP is holding an early Black Friday deal on its membership – both new and renewals – that provides 2-years for only $20.

This promotion not only gives a 2-year AARP membership for the applicant, but a free second membership for anyone in your household as well as a free satchel tote for $20. I’m not positive the free tote is available for applications using the link below…it should be, but there’s a chance it’s not.

A 1 year AARP membership regularly prices at $16 (less when other deals are offered).

This promotion requires your membership to be put on automatic renewal (to a credit card). I’m not sure about AARP, but most other subscription-type services have an option for disabling the auto-renew option once your account is activated.

You can view the current early Black Friday 2022 promotion and join at the link below. Remember, this deal is good for new sign-ups as well as renewals (should extend your current membership for 2-years whether it’s up this month or not).

TWO-YEAR AARP MEMBERSHIP FOR $20 + OTHER BENEFITS LINK

Some promotional documents are showing the end date for this deal to be December 6, 2022. Not sure if that’s a concrete date or not…keep it in mind if you don’t want to sign-up right now.

AARP

AARP does provide a number of money-saving benefits to its members. When you remember to use them, that is.

Discounts at select restaurants and travel providers for example.

And, somewhat surprisingly, AARP savings can be used by anyone of any age. You can get more info on this in our piece “AARP Savings No Matter Your Age.”

We wrote that piece in 2016. A few days ago (October 26, 2022), The Wall Street Journal published an article titled “The Newest Card-Carrying Members of AARP: 20-Somethings,” so, many individuals, regardless of age, continue to find value in an AARP membership.

The only question is whether this 2-years-for-$20 membership promo can be used by anyone of any age. My guess is yes.

AARP CHASE OFFER

One other savings opportunity that may be available to you is a Chase Offer on select Chase credit cards.

In the past, and as recently as a few months ago, Chase has offered an $8 savings when an AARP membership is paid for with a Chase credit card to which the AARP Chase Offer has been added.

Unfortunately, as of October 27, 2022, I don’t see the AARP Offer on any of my Chase credit cards any longer. But it’s worth checking your Chase Offers as new Offers are added regularly.

Just sign in to your Chase credit card account and scan your available Offers.

If you do have the AARP Chase Offer, add it to your card, use that credit card to pay for this 2-year AARP membership deal, and, after the $8 statement credit, your effective fee for the 2-year membership will be $12. Not a bad deal.

WRAP UP

If you’re interested in an AARP membership, you can currently take advantage of a 2-year membership for $20 deal that comes with a number of other perks, such as a free second household membership and a free gift.

Just be aware your membership will be automatically renewed once the two years associated with this deal are up. You may be able to turn off auto-renew once your membership is activated via the AARP online membership page.

Like this deal? Please share the post with others who may benefit. Thanks!